RUNMED encompasses Two Rivers Treads' outreach that helps make running and walking fun and injury-free for people of all ages, skills, and abilities.
In our culture, running is almost always synonymous with being healthy. However, when one takes an objective perspective on runners and our running culture, health is the last thing that comes to mind.
- 82% of runners become injured at some point in their lives
- Many people who run don't even enjoy the act of it
- People even die from it!
RUNMED offers assessments from a leading exercise scientist that will accomplish two main objective:
- To clearly define what obstacles are getting in the way of you and your goals.
- To develop a plan to remove those obstacles and avoid future ones.
These objectives will be accomplished by:
- Educating that a healthy, efficient runner must be a master of minimizing damage. This principle is expanded upon in RUNMED 101 which introduces the foundation for RUNMED's movement and health philosophy.
- A thorough Biomechanical & Gait Assessment to determine areas of limitations
- A Personalized Plan on how to fix limitations. This typically includes Corrective Exercises and Soft tissue Treatments.
- Training, Footwear, & Transitioning recommendations
- Guidance on Health & Wellness Optimization