Meet "Barefoot Kent": Husband, father, Deadhead, vegetarian, runner. Learn about his running adventures that find him dropping 70 pounds, pushing his son, Ben who is developmentally disabled, and finding the joy in running naturally.
Here's Kent knocking out the 2019 Harpers Ferry Half Marathon earlier this month. No shoes....no problem!
During the Q&A with Dr. Mark, we talk about what race day nutrition looks like when you've trained as a fat-burner.
Email Dr. Mark your questions for an upcoming podcast.
- West Virginia Day 5k (Jun 16, 2019): https://runsignup.com/Race/WV/CharlesTown/WVDay5K
- Adult Running Camp (June 21-23, 2019): www.freedomsrun.org
- Middle School (day camp; July 17 & 19, 2019) and High School Camps (overnight camp): www.harpersferryhalf.org
Running chairs for pushing individuals with disabilities:
- Axion Stroller by Adaptive Star
- BOB Iromman Jogger (now sold as BOB Blaze Performance Stroller)
- Eagle Push Racer by Eagle Sports Chairs
- Freedom Push Chair by Advance Mobility
- Kool- Stride Special Needs Stroller
- The Blade by Hoyt Running Chairs
Chair seating inserts: Soft Touch Sitter by Special Tomato
Click below to listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud, Spotify, or Stitcher.